- Winner of the Julep Maven Nail Color Box
- Connect with Frugal Midwest
- Julep Maven Box Review & Giveaway
- Friday Chatter - Number Two
- My First Blog Award!
- Look What Fed Ex Just Delivered: Ecover!
- 5-Hour Energy Review
- Axe Anarchy For Her Review
- 5-hour ENERGY®
- Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish Review
- Friday Chatter
- Iowa's Tax Free Weekend is August 3 & 4
- 2011 (25)
- 2010 (155)
Monday, August 13, 2012
4:39 PM | Posted by Patty | | Edit Post
Do you have a nail color/polish addiction? Are you on the lookout for new colors?
Do you want to buy yourself an intro Julep Maven box for $0.01? Read on, and I will tell you how.
I was given a complimentary Julep Bombshell Maven box to review.
The Julep Bombshell Maven box was packaged beautifully! The time and effort put into the gorgeous presentation makes this perfect to give as a gift, either to others or yourself! Here is how mine was packaged:
My Julep Bombshell Maven box came with:
- Julep Natasha Nail Color - a bright, vibrant, and creamy orange
- Julep Oscar Nail Color - an ultra sparkly, multi-dimensional gold glitter, with hints of silver glitter too
- Julep Pedi Creme - to exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish your feet
- Toe Separators - two, bright pink & white, spongy separators
Julep Nail Color is toxin-free! They have a large variety of fashionable and trendy nail colors to choose from. I'm keeping my eye on Chelsea Bombshell for a future purchase.
My friend and I set out to try Julep Maven Nail Color. We came up with some neat designs too. Take a look; what do you think?
This first photo is my initial design with only one coat of the shimmery Oscar color on top of two coats of Natasha color:
This second photo is my friends (left hand in the picture) and my design (right hand in the picture). This time I had two coats of Oscar on top of two coats of Natasha, sealed with a top coat of clear.
I loved the designs we created!
Tips for coloring your nails with Julep Maven:
- Use a base coat! The Natasha color is so vibrant that if you choose not to do a base coat it may leave your nails with a very slight orange tint after you remove the polish. A base coat will eliminate this. I don't know if all of the colors will do this. But after researching this, it is recommended that you put a base coat on when painting your nails.
- Seal the tip edges of your nails with Julep Maven and your top coat! This will help ensure the color and designs will stay on longer.
- Let those designs and colors dry in between coats. Julep Maven suggests you wait 3 to 5 minutes between coats. A neat trick idea from me: after a minute, run them under some cold water. To me, it seems to help speed up the drying process.
- Have fun, be creative, and enjoy yourself with Julep Maven nail colors!
The Julep Pedi Cream has a nice scent to it. Lather it on and treat your feet to a special, at-home foot treatment. Just after one use my feet had already felt smoother!
Do you want to try a Julep Maven box for only pay a penny? You can! They have been kind to offer all of Frugal Midwest's readers one box for a penny!
Buy Julep Maven box for $0.01
Go to their website: Julep Maven
Enter promo code: MAVENINTRO
Do you want to WIN a Julep Maven Intro Box (similar to the one I reviewed)? They have been kind enough to offer this opportunity to one of my readers. How cool is that?
Follow the Rafflecopter instructions to enter today!
Giveaway for US or Canada readers only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was sent a Julep Maven Intro Box to review and share my findings with my readers; there was no monetary compensation for this review. Opinions and pictures are mine; yours may vary.
Labels: Product Reviews
- Midwest, Iowa, United States
- Hi! My name is Patty, and I live in the Midwest; Iowa to be exact. I love WOM (Word-of-Mouth) and love sharing my opinions on things, including products, deals I find, and life with my readers. Welcome to my blog!