- Winner of the Julep Maven Nail Color Box
- Connect with Frugal Midwest
- Julep Maven Box Review & Giveaway
- Friday Chatter - Number Two
- My First Blog Award!
- Look What Fed Ex Just Delivered: Ecover!
- 5-Hour Energy Review
- Axe Anarchy For Her Review
- 5-hour ENERGY®
- Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish Review
- Friday Chatter
- Iowa's Tax Free Weekend is August 3 & 4
- 2011 (25)
- 2010 (155)
Friday, August 10, 2012
12:57 AM | Posted by Patty | | Edit Post
Wow, amazing! Frugal Midwest was nominated for my first blog award! I am very honored that Honey Do's & Product Reviews nominated Frugal Midwest for this award, THANK YOU!
Rules for the award:
Each person must post eleven things about themselves. Answer the eleven questions the tagger has set for you. Come up with eleven other questions for the people that you are going to tag. Choose eleven people (with less than 200 followers) and tag them in your post, no tagbacks. Follow the tagger and visit at least three of the nominees.
11 Things About Me:
- I am a single mother to three wonderful children, one of whom has special needs.
- Favorite color is hunter green.
- South Carolina - a state I've visited and love! I hope to some day go back and explore more of this wonderful state.
- I strive to teach other's about mental health and how it truly affects more people than you know. I try to learn as much as I can about mental health and share my knowledge. I also have a child with severe mental health concerns.
- Photography is one of my passions. I don't spend nearly enough time taking photos as I would like; but someday, down the road I will. I would enjoy being a professional photographer, after some more classes, as a hobby at some point.
- Iowa Hawkeyes & Green Bay Packers fan.
- Coffee is a MUST every day! With a little sugar, and no cream.
- A white chocolate mocha would be my favorite hot drink, but due to the calories make it be an occasional treat.
- I LOVE Black Friday season and I LOVE finding deals on things I need to buy!
- I was born & raised in Iowa; I've lived here my entire life.
- Cooking is fun for me, especially if I can manipulate a recipe into creating an awesome dish.
- What is your favorite season/time of year and why? I love spring and fall because the temperatures usually don't require sweating (Iowa summers) or big, bulky coats (Iowa winters).
- What is your number one guilty pleasure (could be food or anything else)? White chocolate mocha's - a special treat for myself on occasion.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A photographer.
- If you had the power to change one thing about yourself (appearance or otherwise) what would it be? I'd want perfect eye sight. I've worn eye glasses since I was ten years old. I have tried contacts, but they didn't feel comfortable at all. I'd love to be able to see un-aided.
- What type of hobbies do you have other than blogging? Photography, scrapbooking (though I haven't given this hobby time for a while), reading, and crafts.
- If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza!
- Do you believe there is life on other planets? I believe it's possible, at least some type of life form.
- What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? Flying in an airplane. But, I am very afraid of heights, so I would need to muster up the courage to get over this fear.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Taking my child to get admitted for a psychiatric hospital stay.
- If you were filling a time capsule to be opened by your great-grandchildren, what would you put in it? Candy, a People's magazine, an iPod with current music on it, a letter from me, a dollar bill, pictures, and a piece of jewelry.
- If you were invisible for just one day where would you go and what would you do? Why? My children's classrooms; to see how they interact with their peers and friends. Then I could offer advice or encouragement if needed. Or I could scare them when I repeat things they did or said, they'd get a chuckle out of that.
- What made you want to or why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite color/s?
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have any pets? What are they and their names?
- Do you have any special talents?
- Describe your place of relaxation. Where is it? What does it look like?
- Have you been outside of the United States?
- Can you speak other languages other than English? Which ones?
- If you could have a super power for one day, what would it be and what would you do with it?
- What was your best day of your life? Describe it if you can.
- Have you met any superstars? (like movie stars, musicians, etc) Who?
I had trouble finding blogs with less than 200 followers, so I've only nominated three at this time. If I run across others I will add them.
Put the link to your post in the comments on this post so I can check out what you wrote!
- Midwest, Iowa, United States
- Hi! My name is Patty, and I live in the Midwest; Iowa to be exact. I love WOM (Word-of-Mouth) and love sharing my opinions on things, including products, deals I find, and life with my readers. Welcome to my blog!